If you have having problems with a parent violating the court orders — not exercising visitation, not complying with the parenting plan or not paying child support or reimbursements – the remedy could be to file a contempt motion. The Court applies a legal standard to determine whether a parent is in contempt . Contempt is a very fact-driven analysis and needs to be carefully considered before proceeding. If you want to change the parenting plan or child support order, you need to file for a modification.